Creative Garden

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Can I Be Too Old Or Busy For The Kechari Mudra?

Hello! I am actually quite young, but I see others around me who are very busy — sometimes overwhelmed with responsibilities — such as working for a salary, which is needed to provide for a family — and there is a lot of extra time commitments with family too. If someone is soooo busy in life, they may not have enough time to culminate with the kechari mudra. My understanding is that a lot of meditation is needed — as in 5 hours a week minimum, consistently, for years — and some people may not have the time.

The question is relevant to a young person. If I can be too busy for pusuing Enlightenment, then perhaps I should not go down the career/family pathway — and renounce like Gautama Buddha did. I may work in life, have a family, and retire at 65 — but will I then be too old? I may not have enough energy, or simply not have the years left on Earth.

Thank you for the question  🌴

No matter how busy you are — I do recommend anyone to create some time in your schedule — to attain stage 2 at least. I do believe that this is a giant leap for one's soul. Even just achieving stage 2 in this lifetime (and not culminating the kechari) — this can resonate deeply in the soul — and perhaps in the next life you are presented with opportunities to learn the kechari mudra at an early age.

For most people, I do think there is enough time to pursue Enlightenment and the kechari mudra. Actually, spirituality and benevolence is the purpose of life, and we should prioritise our spiritual purpose more than career or work. But I agree that people do have family commitments — and I recommend we don't walk away from those — as it can cause severe karmic ruptures. Raising a healthy family is a deeply spiritual mission. Other people can have very important jobs — like being a president of a country. I do think that is a valid excuse to delay the kechari mudra — some jobs are so demanding with great consequences on others, and full dedication is required there. But still, after your phase of busy-ness is complete — at least pursue stage 2 in this lifetime.

Culminating the kechari mudra into Enlightenment will be done only by those with a spiritual passion — almost exclusively. It requires a deep willingness to surrender to God, and to release our worldly attachments.

For many, after they reach stage 2, this can actually activate the spiritual passion. For others, a psychedelic Enlightenment experience may activate the passion. For others, a dramatic life event may activate the passion. And for others still, they are born with it, or find the passion at a young age. Either way, to anyone reading this — you are karmically blessed enough — that you know about the kechari mudra! So take a hold of this opportunity, and at minimum, attain stage 2 ⭐