Creative Garden

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Can The Tongue Get Stuck Above The Soft Palette?

Hello, I was recently reading about the kechari mudra online, and found the following text on Reddit:

This Mudra is best learned under the guidance of a Guru.  It can be disconcerting in the early stages if the tongue gets stuck behind the muscular band at the back of the throat.

Is this true? That the tongue can get stuck behind the soft palette? I haven't heard of any such warning until today.

Thank you for the question 🌴

I have never experienced my tongue getting stuck, nor have I heard it from anyone else. The thing is — you should only pursue the kechari mudra if it is deeply calling you. No one should ever be pressured into this journey — it should come from deep within — a desire for Enlightenment, liberation and God presence.

Having said that, the potential of the tongue getting stuck above the soft palette —  this is no good reason to stop your journey towards awakening. Firstly, it is highly unlikely. There should be less than 1 in a billion chance of the tongue truly getting stuck.

It can feel a bit strange the first time you attain the kechari mudra in stage 2, that is true — but this is as mild as the strangeness of doing a summersault on a trampoline. Nothing major. It simply takes some reorientation in the mind to get use to tongue new discovery — perhaps only 2 minutes. Very soon afterwards, blessings will rain down!

I can share my experience from first attaining stage 2. It felt slightly disorientating, like I didn't know where exactly my tongue was. A swallow reflex had my tongue return to the regular position.

I used my finger to push the tongue back for my first success. I remember where I was at the time! Looking into a mirror. I was pretty chuffed at the success