Creative Garden

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Can Too Much Kechari Become Dangerous?

Can there be any medical risks if one does kechari too often, or for too long? If so, how much practice do you recommend?

I have seen people believe in strange things if they dive too hard into entheogens, and I am wondering if this could be similar. As a contrary example, people who meditate a lot or do yoga every day, they seem very stable. So I am wondering how the kechari mudra compares here. AYPsite does always promote self-pacing, is that something you agree with? That is my current philosophy; and to practice when I feel called to; which does mean I am not so consistent at times.

I want to maintain my intellectual honesty as I progress in spirituality; it is very important to me. I also want to keep my kindness in heart, humility, and ability to function in the world. Actually, I would like to amplify those! I give that information to frame my perspective as to what I value. I would consider a practice to be "dangerous" if it is detrimental to those qualities.

As always, thank you for asking these questions! ๐ŸŒด

There is basically no risk in performing the kechari mudra too much. Technically, any powerful spiritual practice can cause imbalances in someone's mind โ€” but this risk is minimal. The same category of risk as doing Vipassana or Zen meditation.

To me โ€” the biggest risk is that someone hears about the kechari mudra โ€” but misses this huge opportunity. The kechari mudra has the potential to bless one's soul for eternity! I don't want people to miss that. So I encourage people to act with zeal! Pursue the kechari mudra with intensity, at least until stage 2 โ€” which is the "giant leap" for your soul.

One risky danger can be snipping the frenulum of the tongue too much or too often. Snipping is entirely optional โ€” but if you do snip โ€” do this slowly โ€” and hygienically โ€” one tiny snip a week. Read carefully about this topic โ€” as there are veins near the frenulum that should never but cut!

If you find any practice is causing imbalances within your mind โ€” then slow down โ€” and talk to the people on this forum โ€” we will be happy to listen and help out as we can.

In terms of risk, though.... psychedelics are a powerful tool for experiencing non-duality, but they do have a substantial risk associated with them. Too much use, especially reckless use, can crack one's mind. Compared to entheogens, the kechari mudra is exceedingly safe. It doesn't have that uncontrollable roller coaster effect โ€” and instead it's like riding a bicycle. What does riding a bicycle have in common with the kechari mudra? โ€” You have breaks โ€” you can stop at any time if you feel things are going to fast.

I can add my personal experience, that I have had no negative experiences with kechari. In terms of mental stability, I am better than ever, and never felt off kilter due to my practicing of kechari. If anything, I sometimes feel jubilated, which can be distracting from work. There can be a 'risk' that kechari is so wonderful, you change life directions from working 9 to 5, and dedicate your life to spirituality. Is that a danger?

Some have hypothesised that snipping the frenulum could cause speech issues, or even choking on your own tongue during sleep! Interesting hypothesis, but this has been shown to be baseless. No one has actually had these issues. That is a slightly different question though.