Creative Garden

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Do We Need A Guru If Doing The Kechari Mudra?

I have heard people say you need to find a legitimate guru if practicing kriya yoga, especially if doing a powerful practice such as the kechari mudra. Do you agree?

I live in a western city. There aren't many spiritually Enlightened kriya yoga gurus in my local area. None that I am aware of. I guess I could sell all my possessions, buy a one-way ticket to the Himalayas, and trust in God to show me the way?

Thank you for the question 🌴

No! The problem with needing a guru — is that it delays your kechari mudra practice. Don't waste years looking for a guru before you start practicing — start today. Also, needing a guru does make us vulnerable to being fooled by a charlatan "guru."

The best guru, which we do need, is the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit talks to the depth of our hearts, and shows us the Way. The Holy Spirit encourages kindness, love and reverence to the divine. "He who knocks, shall find" is a famous Christian saying — and it is true for the Holy Spirit. One needs to be humble and earnest, though, of course. I am controversial in the opinion that — someone who truly wants to feel the Holy Spirit in their heart — are able to take 5-MeO-DMT in a responsible & sacred manner — and feel not only the subtle love of the Spirit — but the immensity of it too.

A guru in the sense of a teacher is also required — because it is very unlikely someone will discover the kechari mudra, shambhavi, self inquiry, Vipassana, moolabhanda, etc. all on their own. But this isn't a magical guru, simply someone who shares the tools of spirituality with another soul. We should all be willing to do that.

I do feel the same way. It would be great to have a guru at hand, but those are at a short supply. For teachers I see online, I don't know how'd I pick one as my guru, and an online guru-relationship isn't exactly what I imagine as a guru-shishya relationship to be.

Blessings 🌸