Creative Garden

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How Long Does It Take To Attain Enlightenment With The Kechari Mudra?

A simple question, and I'm sure there is no perfect answer, but I'll ask it anyway!

Thank you for the question ๐ŸŒด

How long does it take to clean a dirty teapot?

The answer is obvious โ€” it depends how dirty the teapot is. But also, do you have cleaning tools? Some brushes and soap? Also, how much time will you spend cleaning it before resting? If you only scrub away for 1 minute a week, it could take a while!

The teapot is of course an analogy for the mind โ€” if you can get your life in order, live healthy, be a respectable and kind person โ€” that is fantastic! It is like cleaning the outer half of the teapot. But still, if you want an immaculate teapot, how about cleaning the inside?

The analogy would carry, that we need special tools to clean the inside. Some tools are very powerful, like psychedelics โ€” but you have to be careful! If you clean a teapot too hard, you could actually damage it, or break it! For instance, you could use a drill with a copper brush to get tough stains out of a ceramic teapot โ€” but if you press too hard, the teapot could crack. Similarly, too much psychedelics can crack one's brain. They need to be used responsibly and carefully.

Other techniques are highly specialized. Such as, the kechari mudra and shambhavi โ€” these are like tools to clean the inside of the teapot's nozzle. It is hard to clean up there, and similarly, it is hard to clean the deepest parts of our nervous system. It requires dissolving our sense of self, our selfishness, our attachments.

So how long will it take you to reach Enlightenment? It depends! Is your teapot a huge, stinky mess โ€” full of grime and stains? Or is your life a happy one, filled with kindness and reverence to God? That makes a difference. Also, are you using the tools of Enlightenment effectively and regularly?

If you are still learning, or new on this path โ€” don't start with psychedelics or the kechari mudra! First, learn how to polish your teapot with a rug and some polishing paste โ€” learn about self inquiry and vipassana โ€” build your focus through meditating on the breathe โ€” learn about non-duality and divinity.

All in all, I do want to place one timeframe on this question. I do hope you can achieve your goal in this lifetime! That is my hope, for you ๐ŸŒŸ

I also agree that psychedelics are a powerful way to experience Enlightenment. In a way, Enlightenment takes 5 minutes, if you have just administered 5-MeO-DMT. I see you also made a video on this, cool ๐Ÿ†’๐Ÿ†’๐Ÿ†’

Good luck everyone